Monday, April 7, 2008

Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger - Childlife

"...But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." - Forest E. Whitcraft

This month, as part of Sea at Book of Yum's Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger event, I adopted one of my favorite bloggers, Childlife. I chose her because she is a true inspiration to me and the many others who read her blog. She is mom to two precious children, Jacqui and Kyle (Happy 2nd birthday Kyle!!). Jacqui has been through a lot in her young life, and needs to be on the gfcf diet (you can read all about it on Childlife's blog). The family (definitely can't forget husband Ken) is so strong, full of faith and life, and I admire Childlife for her willingness to share and making us a part of that family too.

I think the last line in her "about me" part of her blog says it all - "Our goal as parents: To treasure every moment and to raise our children to be extraordinary individuals."

My dear friend, you are a treasure. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, and for sharing your family with all of us.

As for her recipe, I chose one that I have been dying to try - Homemade GFCF Graham Crackers. I even have a new camera so I can share a picture!


These crackers are delicious, and the kids absolutely devoured them. The only change made from Childlife's original recipe was using 1 cup Bob's Red Mill flour and no sorghum flour (didn't have any on hand).

Of course, I have to set some aside, as graham crackers make great crust for cheesecake...

1 comment:

Childlife said...

Ah, Thomas, you've made me blush! :)

I'm so glad they worked for you! I've tried a new version of them with almond meal to approximate a CF version of the Pamela's mix and we really liked them. I'll try to remember to update the recipe.

And GFCF cheesecake? You better post that one! ;)

Blog Archive