Sunday, May 18, 2008

Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger - Event #4: May 26 - June9

I am honored and delighted to be the host of the 4th Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger event!

This event was started by Sea at the Book of Yum as a way for people to discover all the gf (and gfcf) blogs out there and, of course, try some delicious recipes. Sea hosted the first two events, and the last event was hosted by Rachel at Wheat Free, Meat Free, who in all honesty I never would have known about if not for this event! So please join in and have some fun! You can check out Sea's original announcement for this event here.

The rules are simple:

Adoptions are on a first come, first serve basis. To adopt someone, please comment on this post with your name (or "nickname"), the name of your blog, and the name of your adoptee and their blog (include their URL if you like). But remember, once someone is taken, they cannot be adopted by anyone else this round.

Try one of adoptee's recipes. Please make sure you follow the recipe exactly as originally posted, making minor exceptions for allergies, diet, etc.

Between May 26 and June 9, blog about your adoptee and their recipe. Instead of rewriting the recipe, just post a link to the original recipe. Pictures are not required, but I would encourage it so everyone can see your results. Please be sure you link back to this event announcement in your post.

After posting, e-mail me at tcdzomba[at]gmail[dot]com with your name, blog name, adoptee's name and blog link, and a link to your post, Attach a pretty picture of your results if you have one as well.

After June 9, I will do a roundup here of all the entries. Click to check the roundups from Event#1, Event#2, and Event#3.

One of the great things about hosting is that I get dibs on who to adopt this month. And because I've been wanting to and promised her I would, I am adopting the Ginger Lemon Girl this month. I love her blog and cannot wait to get in the kitchen with one of her recipes.

I will keep a running list at the bottom of this post of those who have been adopted, and by whom.

Please join in and have some fun, and discover some of the wonderful gf bloggers we have out there!
Adopted Bloggers for the May 26 - June 9 Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger Event
  1. Carrie, the Ginger Lemon Girl (adopted by Thomas at the GFCF Experience)
  2. Karen at Gluten Free Sox Fan (adopted by Terri at Faking It Gluten Free Style)
  3. Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked (adopted by Karen at Gluten Free Sox Fan)
  4. Me! (adopted by Rachel at Wheat Free Meat Free) Thanks Rachel, I'm touched!
  5. Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried (adopted by Sea at Book of Yum)
  6. Sheltie Girl at Gluten a Go Go (adopted by Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness)
  7. Karen at Only Sometimes Clever (adopted by the Carrie, the Ginger Lemon Girl)
  8. You Pick!

7 comments:

terri said...

i would like to adopt karen at gluten free sox fan

terri
faking it gluten free style
www.fakingitgfstyle.blogspot.com

glutenfreesoxfan said...

I would like to adopt Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked. I'm going to be adventurous and attempt those wonderful looking Croissants.

Karen
www.glutenfreesoxfan.wordpress.com

Old Saratoga Books said...

Hi Thomas:

I have a fondness for Polish Catholic men (married 20 years this August to my sweetie!) so I plan on adopting you as my gluten-free blogger this round. Thanks for hosting this fun event.

-Rachel

seamaiden said...

Thank you so much for hosting this, Thomas! I finally set up the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger Headquarters as a tab on my remodeled Book of Yum, so it will be easier for everyone to find our host's (or hostesses) event announcement. I'd like to adopt Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried. (http://milkforthemorningcake.blogspot.com/)

-Sea

Cheryl said...

I have been waiting for a good excuse to make Natalie's truffles for ages! This is a great excuse. So hopefully I can adopt Sheltie girl at Gluten a go go.

Carrie said...

if I'm not too late I'm going to adopt karen at Only Sometimes Clever and I'm making some of her GF CF EF SF "oatmeal" cookies this weekend!! Mmmmmm

http://onlysometimesclever.wordpress.com

Carrie said...

thomas -- I just did my post for Adopt a gluten free blogger! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the cookies, but they were fantastic!! http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2008/06/adopt-gluten-free-blogger-june-2008.html

Thanks for hosting this month!!

Blog Archive