Sunday, July 20, 2008

Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger - Sheltie Girl

Well, they say better late than never...

The Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger event #5 actually ended back on July 7, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to make my post at that time. On July 4, in addition to all the fireworks going boom, the controller for our well pump decided to go boom as well. So we spent that weekend without water, and I was not able to try these cookies. Then one thing led to another, another situation arose, and...well, you get the idea.

But this weekend I was finally able to make a recipe from my adopted blogger, Sheltie Girl @ Gluten a Go Go. There was a cookie recipe that had caught my eye that I had wanted to make. But then I saw her recipe for Peanut Butter Meltaways, and I just knew that was the one. So last night, the cookie was made.

We made our usual flour substitution (using Bob's Red Mill GF All-Purpose Mix) and also substituted xanthan gum for the chia seed meal, as per Natalie's instructions. We also made our meltaway part using semisweet chocolate since the white chocolate Natalie uses is not available in our area. I will admit I had a couple of problems - I don't think I patted out my cookie dough thin enough ( I didn't have the right size pan so I had to improvise), and for some reason, I could not get the right consistency on the melted chocolate mixture, so it was more like globs of chocolate than a chocolate covered cookie ( and yes, I will admit, I was too embarrassed to put up a picture).

Despite my issues, though, the cookies tasted great, and the kids really enjoyed them. And that's what really counts.

I know I will be trying more of Sheltie Girl's recipes in the future, and I hope you will too.

This months Adopt a GF Blogger Event is hosted by Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness and runs from July 28 through August 11. Please visit Cheryl and sign up - it's a lot of fun and a great way to meet other bloggers.

For a round up of the June event please visit this post by Sea at Book of Yum.



No comments:

Blog Archive