Monday, February 15, 2010

Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger - February Edition

Welcome to the February 2010 edition of Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger! I am delighted to be hosting the event for Sea at Book of Yum this month!

For those not familiar with Adopt a GF Blogger, it was started by Sea as a way to get to know other GF bloggers better, and to try some fantastic new recipes. This month marks the two year anniversary of the event! I have enjoyed the times I have participated and hope you will join in the fun this month too.

The rules are simple:

1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.

*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes

*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate

*Please do not pick a blogger who has already been adopted this month.


2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.

3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe. Link back to this event announcement in your post.

*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.

4) Email me at gfcfexperience[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.

*Please be sure to write "Adopt a GF Blogger" in the Subject line.

5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).

*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!


Deadlines:

Sign up BEFORE February 23 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)

Post your Review and Email me by March 3 (firm deadline, no foolin’)

If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I’ll create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.

Let's get this adoption started! I will start by adopting our event's creator, Sea at Book of Yum!

Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:

1) Sea at Book Of Yum (adopted by me)
2) Ali at The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen (adopted by Sea at Book of Yum)
3) Alta at Tasty Eats at Home (adopted by Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl)
4) Jenn at The Cinnamon Quill (also adopted by Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl)
5) Natalie (aka Sheltie Girl) at Gluten a Go Go (adopted by Angela at Angela's Kitchen)
6) Sophie at Flour Arrangements (adopted by Heather at Celiac Family)
7) Shirley at Gluten Free Easily (adopted by Alta at Tasty Eats at Home)

IMPORTANT NOTICES:

If you sign up and cannot complete this event by March 3 for any reason, please email me immediately at gfcfexperience[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know.

Can't find a blogger to adopt? Then please check out my blogroll on the left. Or check out Sea's GF blogroll here.

Want to know more about this event? Then please check out Sea's Adopt a GF Blogger page.

Hosting is fun too! If you would like to be a guest host of the Adopt a GF Blogger event, please leave a comment to this post, or e-mail me at gfcfexperience[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know. I will pass the names of those interested on to Sea.

Thanks for your participation, and have fun!

7 comments:

Sea said...

Awww, so sweet. Thanks for hosting and for adopting me!

-Sea

seamaiden said...

I would be delighted to adopt
Ali of the Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen:
http://www.nourishingmeals.com/

-Sea

Carrie said...

Hi Thomas!
I am going to adopt Alta from Tasty Eats At Home: http://tastyeatsathome.wordpress.com/

Can't wait! :-)

Carrie said...

If it's okay, I'm going to be GF super woman and also adopt Jenn of Cinnamon Quill: http://thecinnamonquill.com/blog/ (I think her name is Jenn! :-)

Heather @CeliacFamily said...

Hey Tom, thanks for hosting this month! I'd like to adopt Sophie at Flour Arrangements (http://www.flour-arrangements.com/).

angelaskitchen said...

I would like to adopt Gluten a go go: http://glutenagogo.blogspot.com/

Her gluten free bread challenges are very inspiring!

Tasty Eats At Home said...

Aww, Carrie, thanks for adopting me! I'm going to adopt Shirley at http://glutenfreeeasily.com